Customer Service Policy
Find out more about Firescape’s line of home fire safety products, pricing policy, delivery times, product warranties, and more.
We believe that you have a right to be given clear and unmistakable pricing information. We display both, VAT exclusive and inclusive prices, where possible. Our shipping charges are clearly displayed on every page and shown in the shopping cart the moment a product is placed in it.
Clear product information and additional technical support:
We will always attempt to describe products in plain English in a condensed format to help you choose and compare products easily. On top of this, we display, wherever possible, all technical datasheets, manuals and certifications in additional tabs to allow you to fully research the products displayed by us. Our sales staff are trained to advise you on technical issues and are happy to assist you over the phone or by email. We strive to reply within one working day. For more complex products, we have introduced interactive technical help guides, which will break down the complex purchasing decisions into easy chunks and will guide you through the purchasing process.
Single point of contact
No customer wants to be passed around from one telephone operator to the next. Our sales staff are trained to deal with all aspects of customer service. They will advise about products, take orders, deal with any complaints without passing you on to other staff members. Should a staff member not know the answer to your question, they will find out for you and will ring you back. They can also speak with the manufacturer on your behalf and let you know their answers. Should you wish to speak to a manager, they will, of course, transfer you to the relevant manager to deal with your query. All our staff have their own telephone numbers so that you can always ring them directly if you want to follow up any discussion.
We would like to understand what you think of us and we want other customers to benefit from the feedback you give. We invite product feedback six weeks after you received your goods so you can tell us how our products performed. Your feedback is then published next to the relevant product for other people to see.
Support during buying process
If you change your mind
If you change your mind, we offer twice the legal requirement for the returns period without quibbling. See also our Returns Policy.
Transport damage and discrepancies
We would ask you to please check the condition of your package before signing for the receipt of the goods. If you see damage on the outer packaging, this must be noted on your copy of the delivery note and on the copy for the carrier. You can refuse damaged parcels without signing for these.
If you find the transport damage after the carrier has left, please inform us instantly. If the claim is made on the same day as the delivery, we will still accept liability. Failure to note damage might affect replacement or refund from us for items damaged in transit.
Discrepancies of quantities or product codes need to be reported to us within 5 working days from delivery. We might be unable to accept liability for any missing items if incorrect quantities are not highlighted within this period.
Payment and Security
We offer a range of payment options including Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa electron, American Express, PayPal.
All our credit card transactions are handled by Stripe, one of the market leaders in secure online transactions. The transfer of the purchase details from our website to Stripe are encapsulated using Stripe’s own encrypted and digitally-signed protocol. Any communication between the shopper and Stripe is encrypted to the maximum strength supported by the shopper’s browser using 128 Bit encrypted sessions.
Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a “cardholder not present” environment by their card issuers. The card issuer provides the right for a shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive or if the card was used fraudulently.
If you should have any questions regarding security, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below). To return your good please visit www.firescape.uk Email us at email@example.com or call us on 0207 8704890.
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. British Standards copies cannot be accepted back if the packaging is opened.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged or may not be sellable at all.
- We will refund the sales price (considering the above limitations) and the initial postage and packing charges within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. We do not charge a re-stocking fee.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and will then deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery, for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- If you struggle to return large or heavy items, please contact us on 0207 8704890 and we can offer a collection of the goods. We will then deduct the cost for this collection from your refund.
- Important: Business orders placed with purchase orders are excluded from our returns procedure and are covered by statutory regulation.
Any returns within the UK should be sent, together with your original order details, to:
We charge UK VAT at 20%
Customers from the Channel Islands can ask for the VAT to be removed from the invoice total. Please ring our office to place your order, emphasising the Channel Island delivery location.
International customers can discuss their VAT requirements with our export team firstname.lastname@example.org
International customers whose shipping address is in the UK but who export the goods out of the EU can ask for a VAT refund after supplying us with proof of export. Please note that we will deduct the bank transfer charges from the refund.
We are here to help and can provide you with help and guidance or direct you towards relevant information. If you have any queries relating to the fire safety needs of your home or business, please contact us on 0207 8704890. Although we will always endeavour to give you the best possible advice, the responsibility for ensuring that you are adhering to fire safety legislation, building regulations, other regulations or best practice remains with you.
There is regulation with regards to the maintenance of many fire safety products. Fire extinguishers, for example, must be serviced every 12 months. You are responsible for
setting up any service and maintenance programmes required for the products which you purchased from us.
The delivery charge for your order depends on where you live, the total weight of the order and your selected shipping method. Please see the table below.
There may be a higher delivery charge if you live in the Islands or a remote location in the UK. Please see our list of “Islands and remote location” postcodes.
Special Delivery Instructions
If you add special delivery instructions, please leave a signed piece of paper with the same instructions on the outside of your door, as the driver is otherwise not able to leave parcels eg in a porch etc. If you have left a delivery instruction to, for example, ‘leave the parcel in porch if not in’, we cannot provide you with a proof of delivery, should the parcel go missing. We will, however, provide proof of shipping, if requested.
You are responsible for any losses suffered as a result of a parcel being left in a location at your specific request.
- If goods are ordered before 4:30pm, we will usually despatch the same day.
- Most shipments are sent with next day delivery (working days only) transport. Some products weighing less than 2.0 kg might be offered with an alternative economy service with 3-7 working day service. If you have selected economy service and you have not received your parcel within 5 days, please contact us.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer compensation for deliveries that are delayed.
- Customers living in remote areas should note that some delivery services may be affected, or not available. We will inform you as soon as possible of any potential problems. If you want to check before placing an order, please call us on 0800 6126537.
- If a customer is not in when delivery is attempted, the delivery driver/postman will leave a card with details of the local depot. Please note that if the parcel cannot be delivered after several days and has to be returned, we reserve the right to charge you a second delivery charge for re-delivery, should you still wish to receive the product.
All of our products are covered by manufacturers warranty. For more information on the warranty period please see the individual product page of our website.
Included in all our warranties are:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from the manufacturer’s design errors
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
- Please contact Firescape UK and inform us about the defect. We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange a free repair or free replacement for your product. This choice is at Firescape UK discretion.
- Firescape UK may ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, in which case we will arrange and pay for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.
The warranty still applies; the goods, however, must be sent to us at the customer’s expense for repair or replacement and the return shipment must be paid for by the customer.